Monday, August 21, 2006

there's a million MCs who claim they want some

Whew, what a weekend. A weekend that we were greatly in need of after f(cking up (and getting f)ckedup) big time and feeling like a miserable loser last weekend (everyone in the crew - Capt. Handsome, Mr. Fantastick, Travis and Bobsled all called off work on Monday. WTF?!), I think we all needed something to kind of get us going again, and I’d say this weekend was a good remedy. I hesitate to say perfect remedy cause things don’t ever work out the way you plan them to, but I have to say that it came pretty close to working out like that. Allow me to run down the highlights:
  • As I alluded to in my post last Wednesday, Friday night we saw the motherf*ckin wu-tang clan at Webster Hall. I had high, high expectations going in (at least 12 years of expectations) and this show did not disappoint, in any way shape or form. I’m still a bit hoarse this morning from having ‘rapped’ along with just about every song they played which included just about every song of of 36 chambers, the good ones off of Triumph, a few Liquid Swords tracks, some Raekwon and Ghost (Ghostface is gigantic by the way) and of course, a few ODB tracks backed by every single person in the room. But when, at one point, all of them were lined up on the stage, shoulder to shoulder, the, dare I say, legendary Wu-Tang Clan…well, that was something special. What else was special was the $3 Champagne of Beers that Handsome and I went to town on before the show, running into the Gotti Bear at Nevada Smith’s after the show (the most miserable bar in the world BTW. That and the super overpriced drinks at Webster and the really terrible, gay bartender at Webster were the only low points of the night) where she proceeded to buy me drinks and charge them to her clients, and then back to San Loco for a completely dangerous amount of Stupid Sauce and Chili Loco before calling it a night.
  • Saturday Saturday Saturday. Had to ditch a party in Hoboken (shucks) for a calm night with my roommate and Wisconsin. Couple things from that night: girls love DJs or any guy with musical prowess. Case in point? My roommate and Wisconsin falling all over themselves for someone with questionable (at best) taste in music. Yet that didn’t prevent me from singing at an obnoxious volume with the roommate to songs that usually make me cringe, like Mr. Brightside. And probably a Madonna song, I’m not sure. Jack Daniels was singing very loudly in my head at the same time. His song was something about buying two packs of Ramen noodles and retiring the night college style. The SkinNy though man, what a great chill place for like five nights out of the week, and then Friday and Saturday its filled with d-bags. Such is the miserable decline of the LES. We did apparently have sightings of a very very drunk Handsome running around the LES sometime around 4am, but those rumors are yet to be confirmed.
  • Sunday Sunday Sunday. Monster truck rally? Nah, dodgeball. Oh man, if the Wu-Tang hadn’t been so amazing this would have easily ranked as the highlight of my weekend. If I could, I’d give you a detailed video recap of how I pulled some Matrix-like move to get out of the way of a few shots. But alas, my digital camera is still not in my possession. Anyways, playing dodgeball on a beautiful day with James Brown as the background music was just out of control fun. Of course, my arm feels like its going to fall off this morning, but the satisfaction of the memories of pegging hipsters with balls…er…using the balls to peg hipsters…you get the point…was TOTALLY worth it.
Pretty busy weekend huh? Funny how it basically covered off on nostalgic points in the last 26 years of my existence. It goes:
- Dodgeball:: Elementary School

- Wu-Tang Clan:: Middle School

- Cheap Miller Bear and Jack Daniels:: High School

- Getting Drunk and passing out while eating Ramen:: priceless…I mean…College


So what happened this weekend that best represents where I’m at now? SNAKES ON A MOTHERF()CKING PLANE MOTHERF()CKERS!!


F*ck the naysayers, this movie is hilarious. Worth the $11 ticket alone: Samuel Jackson, a snake biting a titty, a snake biting some woman’s tongue and ::lights go out:: SNAKES!
Just go see it. Its ridiculous. Forget about being serious for just two short hours. You’ll be glad you did.

No comments: