Thursday, August 03, 2006

Render unto Geedorah what is Geedorah's

Enter The ‘Sled and ‘Some. Back when the Bobsled was not yet a full grown six person sled, I used to terrorize the Farmington Hill Hunt Club with my man Bob W.(entworth) (No joke, his name was Bob. Ironic shit, huh? Yeah, I didn’t think so either.)

(Bare with me – this is going somewhere) We used to ride bikes all over the freaking neighborhood. I mean, all over that motherfucker. Even places that weren’t paved or anything. Actually, our favorite thing to do was ride bikes up to Efros Drug Store on the corner of Drake and Grand River Avenue (holy shit, I can’t believe I’m regurgitating all this nostalgic bullshit. I’m also swearing a lot. SHIT) Right, anyways, we loved our bikes. At first we had the BMX cruisers but eventually we grew older and graduated to the aweseomeness of 24 speed mountain bikes (with Shimano gear shifters, remember that? You weren’t shit if you didn’t have Shimano. And a puffy starter jacket. I was University of Miami. Sup now.)


One day as Bob and the ‘sled were preparing to tear around the neighborhood, Bob cam
e riding out of his garage and, as I sat up the street watching, proclaimed, “Boblsed! My Dad just fixed my bike, this is Aw---“ but Bob never got to finish that exclamation of bicycle freedom because just as he was doing so, his front tire popped and Bob went flying over his front handlebars. And then screaming inside as he had just broken his arm in two places. To this day it is one of the more vivid memories that I have (and one of the funnier ones that I can remember). Flash forward to the oh-six. The HBCC is proud to announce the formation of the HBCCBG, the BG stands, of course, for, Bike Gang! Yes, the one-two knockout combo of The Sled and Some (soon to be the trifecta of sweetness heretofore referred to as Sled/Some/Stic (follow with me: bobSLED, handSOME, fantaSTIC, we’ll get to Fantastic on Friday of this week, don’t you worry) The Sled and Some are on a mission to buy BMX Bikes. Yes, with a little Craigslist love and a hopelessly pointless blog, we plan to document the follies that ensue as we attempt to buy two, used BMX bikes (probably from Williamsburg) and then proceed to rain terror on the LES (read: get hit by cabs and busses, SWEET!)

So keep checking back in on the HBCC for updates on our progress as we attempt to buy some bikes and then maybe throw ourselves a party or something. OR, if you’re one of the six (can I at least get a five?) people who read this Olver-Wildesque saga of sadness, feel free to drop an email to bobsledcommando@yahoo.com and tell us about your bike. If it’s for sale, even better!

And, this one’s for you Bobby Went-Digital-Worth. Ayight den, Allez Bobsled! Stay Handsome!

No comments: