Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Letter to Handsome

(Look what I done won son)

Dear Handsome,

Greetings from LA! Wish you were here with me. We would totally be meeting with agents, drinking champagne with super models, arguing about gas prices and the govenator, converting to vegetarianism (?) and driving everywhere. Alas, you and I are seperated by that vast land mass we sent Louis and Clark across so many years ago. The same land mass that Jefferson tricked the French in to selling (Disclaimer: if you are in grade school or middle school or even high school and you are studying for a history exam, any reference to historical events are 99% sure to be wrong.) America! Or, as my friend Charlotte so eloquently put it: the fly-over states. (Sorry, America. It is kinda funny though, no? No.)


Right, so anyways, Handsome, you would love it here. Chinatown was so awesome. Wongs and Koks everywhere. Palm trees everywhere. There are more skateshops here than you can shake your third leg at. Today I bought two hoodies (Chang Gang from Ten Deep, whatup suckas!!) and looked at so many fucking shoes I'm actually sick of looking at shoes. I also bought a mixtape. Yeah.


Like I said, you would love it here. Or maybe it's that I would love it here if you were here to tell me funny things and help me make fun of everyone. Like last night, we finished eating dinner (hot wings! you should have seen the looks of horror on the models faces.) we ran in to a friend of a friend. Lemme run down the convo (aka conversation) for you:


Courtney:
Hey (dude's name I don't remember, aka DNIDR)

DNIDR:
HEY!!!! (super excited) First let me clear the air of a little gossip....(blah blah blah, suff I don't remember

Courtney:
Well that's great DNIDR, these are my friends from New York, Travis and Karl.

DNIDR:
When you did you get in to town?

Bobsled:
About 5 hours ago, and I've had a headache for about 4.5 of those hours.

DNIDR:
(confused look) (weird laughter)

Bobsled:
(deadly serious look of death)

DNIDR:
Ahhh, and who's this friend? (he meant Judson, our other friend here in LA)

Courtney:
That's Judson, he lives here.

DNIDR:
Oh really? What do you do? What school did you go to?

Bobsled:
(walks away)


DNIDR did remember Travis' name out of all of us at the end of the convo. Probably cause he has a crush on him. (Holy moley, Handsome: I've only been in LA for like a day and I'm already writing screenplays. Someone get my agent on the phone! NOW!)


Whatever, okay, look, this letter: its taking forever. I'm flying home tonight on a red eye. Can't wait to be back. Let's start planning the most amazing Halloween costumes ever and then begin putting together the guest list for the HBCC Autumn Gala.


Snoochems -- Bobsled.


Here's some photos, mostly of Mr. America

1 comment:

Captain Handsome said...

Thanks for the West Side love Bobsled. Not to be a dick but from you photo's I must say that NYC destroy's LA. However that 99cent fried thing Travis America is eating from 7-11 does look mighty tasty!

Travis America....Did you steal those glasses from Hidecki Matsui?