Saturday, September 30, 2006

HBCC Poetry Week Presents: "A Letter from Barcelona"

Dear Handsome,

Hola. Bon dia. Gracies.


Ho sento, but my Catlan is sorrily lacking.

And I'm realizing this morning that in writing a grand recap to our epic poetry week I am slacking.


But last night I went out drinking with a brit and a pol so that we can get the HBCC biz sold.

Alas, we ended up skinny dipping in our rooftop pool but not accomplishing anything super cool.


We recited lines from office space, but it wasn't the poetic justice that's been rolling out your face
So I have to say that I miss you and the US and freedom and McDonald's at the NYC pace.

But I'm stuck here for another seven hours wondering what will OSU do
Reminiscing on when we posted our first poem and all that's lead up to this point when we say, 'adeu'

So what a week's it's been, and thank you to you for coming by to read our nonsense

It's like we never grew past the age of high school, smoking herb and liting incense


Now we must call it quits,

cause a week
is a week and it was all good for seven days worth of giggles and shits

To you fair reader, thank you again
even though I'm world's away you are always on my mind
And to you other bloggers, yeah, we love you too
ted, weiss, ampersand, velvet sea, and all those who we know but are too lazy to link to (give me a break, i'm in a foreign country and i'm writing a blog entry about bloggers. my self-loathing is through the roof right now)

Anyways, yeah, hey, its been fun
Handsome, Bobsled, Captain, Commando, HEY, it doesn't have to be done

But what we done, its much greater than simply rapping, son

Now I'm off to Park Goell to get some motherfucking sightseeing done


Stay Handsome people and allez allez allez allez, bobsled, bobsled

I'm also off to Starbucks and McDonald's so as to spite the spanish and support our glorious money hungry country instead.


YEAH!


[Thanks, Poetry Week is now officially closed. Please make your way to the exits. NOW. Hey you, stoner, yeah you. Put that shit out before I get the cops in here. Come on hippies, time to LEAVE!]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its about time sports commentators stop saying things like "Iowa self destructed," and start saying things like "Iowa just plain got fucking beat by the best team in the universe."

All the best

http://one.revver.com/find/video/ronnyred#_show_video_69980

Captain Handsome said...

Bobsled, as your writing partner and fellow American, I must say it is sad here in the US reading your hung over/wasted poetry re-cap. I will break the rules with a quick closing poem:

The kittens in the clowds
go bowling with your yarn
For prizes of catnip blunts
I threw a 7-10 split, darn
For this poetry week was my cat
And Handsome was its yarn.

Good Bye Poetry Week
Come Home Soon Bobsled
Fuck Yeah Buckeyes!

Anonymous said...

Velvet Sea officially endorses all epic poetry related blogging.