Monday, September 25, 2006

HBCC Poetry Week Presents: "Autumn Temptations"


Warm cider, and falling leaves
The dead foliage that once were trees
Humidity’s gone south with the geese
Cool windy evenings, patagonia fleece

Sun with its angle sloping harsher each day
School bus won’t get the fuck out of my way
The little shits are back to begrudging education
Or skipping classes to peep some NAS Nation

MTA, Garbage, and cabs usually block my crosswalk
Now schools back with the orange educational cock
Full of little bastards and blocking my strut
Tempting it is auburgene helps me keep my cool
I raise my middle finger to those kids leaving school

They shreik, bounce and boil from the gesture I sent
Those little bastards erupt and quite hellbent
The light is green and down Avenue A they roll
So when you see kids don’t hold back the temptation
To throw out your bird and head for Epsteins Libation.



-CH

Epsteins $3.00 mugs! Thank your your inspiration in writing this heartfelt piece. I could not have dug so deep without your continual inspiration. And thank you to the fine upstanding children of P.S. 145 for losing your shit when I flipped you off.

No comments: