Tuesday, February 20, 2007

with the right device you can make a pattern grow, or you can tune up your car

This past weekend my first weekend chilling at home in a long while. Damn, what a feeling. So glad to just wake up, eat some Corn Puffs then Luck Charms then some other cereal with a lot of sugar on it, watch a lil SportsCenter, kick back on my computer without my boss looking over my shoulder while I Photoshop this, that and the other, take a nap, get high, play Scrabble and watch the slam dunk contest (sick, Dwight Howard, just sick).

Well, like I said, I’ve been loving the Photoshop lately. And I was going through some old photos on Saturday morning and found some cool shots of my ole boy Handsome. One thing lead to another and I started fooling around with some brightness and contrast and color and came up with a few Andy-Warholesque stills of the Captain that I wanted to share with you. Whadddya think (see above and then right below)?This weekend was also the Year of the Pig and the Chinese New Year. Sup all you pigs out there. Ima Monkey, but I guess we all have our own personal traits that make us better than one another in some ways. For instance, I can swing from trees and throw my own poop. Pigs roll around in their own poop and eat their own poop. So there’s that. Whenever I think of pigs, I think of that Guy Richie movie ‘Snatch’ where the old guy talks about the best way to dispose of a dead body: pigs. Cause they’ll eat every part of the body. Brilliant.One of the luxuries of being home on a Saturday, or any day really for that matter, is being able to watch TV. For instance, this morning I’m watching CNN. Right now there’s a story about “husband arrested when murder for hire plot was caught on tape.” And the wife is confronting the husband in court. What do you say in that case? “Um, look, I realize you were a little upset when I wouldn’t let you put it in my butt…well, now maybe somebody in jail will give you that opportunity.” I digress, the exclusive feature that really caught my eye was, “Paula Zahn: Hip Hop, Art or Poison?” wow. I really, I just might have to tune in for this. Gee, I wonder what side a middle-aged white woman is going to take in that argument. Now, granted, I’m sure it will be objective and include interviews from such industry luminaries as Flava Flav or some other joke of a rapper that can attest to what an art form hip hop is, but still: Art or Poison. Poison? I feel like that’s a bit extreme. Although, maybe the Captain and I will collaborate on a forum of our own: HBCC: Art or Poison?

Although, if you want to check out something really stupendous on hip hop, you might want to consider this.

1 comment:

J$ said...

as the lights from the city drew near...we drank a little wine..sorry what was this post about? i saw the title and ran off the restrooms and came back and missed the whole thing.