Sunday, February 11, 2007

From California to Manhattan Island.....


That's atleast the setting of the conversation that gave birth to this here post. Also, it is a beautiful referance to our majestic land. America! See, Bobsled and I were having a friendly chat which of course turned a bit Grammy. Wow, what a positve little show wasn't that. I support the pop music industry's dedication to touching our soul in these troubled times of war. Holy shit, was a Hillary Clinton infomercial on tv last night while I was asleep (thanks grandma for showing me ther awsome sleeping force that is know as leaving your tv on all night)


Digression time..............Tell me the truth, when I painted the above scenario the first thing that popped into your head was white trash? Seriously, ever notice how that is such a social taboo? What the fuck is so bad about sleeping with your tv on. Does that mean I should be living in a trailer or something? WTF people. It's not that bad for chrissake. ok, digression off......




So back to the point, no wait I don't think I have even started off on a point yet. So Bobsled and I were talking about the Grammy's and he mentioned that Luda (Ludacris to you white kids in the flyovers...) just won the award for best rap album. I was like, "I didn't even know he put out an album in the past few years". To which Bobsled replies "It's cause we are old now, man". Errr could this be possible? I mean, no way it can be possible. I know whats up and whats cool. I must be youthful and tuned in cause how else would I know that The Police were getting back together. Ohhh Shit........Fuck

At what point did what I happen to like begin to be the shit that older people start to like? Or did what I like ever qualify as cool? I am really a bit shaken up here. I mean this is a pretty big question my lucky friends. Well, I just thought about it (i mean just then) and I am pretty sure I don't know what I think the kids are listening to these days. When I thought of the question the bands that popped into my head were Green Day, U2, Timberlake, Snoop Dogg. Well shit, that just tells a story right there huh? Diversion #2, the Shaquira / Wycleff performance is just now and uuhhh....hhuhh...uh...nevermind. So I am probably going to guess that if you ask a test group from ages 17 - 23 they would not mention a list that remotely resembles mine. Not that U2, Green Day, and Snoop Dogg aren't still popular, they are just not the top choices for coolest music in the schoolyard. Just to make sure to clarify here: THAT IS NOT MY TOP LIST OF MUSICIANS.....it is just who I would name if you asked me who I thought was cool to the kids these days. I would summise that the list would actually look more like timberlake (who I also had!), Kanye West, Fallout Boy and Fergie. Diversion #3 The Grateful Dead just got a shout out, Sweet! Ok, I guess diversion #3 also kind of just drives the point right in there a little too deep. I guess I'm done here. Goodnight from the Left.

3 comments:

Captain Handsome said...

Can some one please help me? Who the hell is Lupe Fiasco????????

Captain Handsome said...

Grammy Bonus Adendum #2: Who the fuck let Rascal Flats do a goddamn Eagles Medly.....Not to mention I also hate to look at that fat ass lead singer too

stantonandorchard said...

lupe fiasco is a rapper. he made food & liquor last year, one of the better hip hop albums of 2006.

it is unanimous here in our office today that the rascal flatts thing sucked major ass.

also, that grateful dead shout out was sad. mickey hart and bill kreutzmann just looked kinda pathetic.

ALSO, carrie underwood was an american idol? wtf

sweet pic of timberlake. he's dreamy...