Wednesday, November 22, 2006

if i'm too simple then ya'll don't get the basics

Happy Holidays from the HBCC, or HHFTHBCC!

1.) Visit our friends (aka people we envy) over the break and get to know why we think they’re the best:
  • You Look Really Great
  • Passion of the Weiss
  • The Gay Beach
  • NYC Balderdash
  • Velvet Sea
  • Wachs This Way
  • Misguided Misadventures in NYC
  • Low Concept
  • R2K
  • Down With Detroit
  • Bohemian Playboy
  • the simple mission
  • Joshua Wildman
  • Curbed
  • Eater
  • Slam X Hype
  • Pick Your Shoes
  • YAY Sports
  • LeBlog
  • FreeDarko


  • 2.) I asked for some help earlier this week and I’m still hoping a few people out there can throw down that ulta-obscure recommendation that’s going to throw my 12 year middle school reunion into a frenzy. Weigh in with whatcha got.

    3.) Yesterday I was chatting with a hot sexy babe online. I mean like really hot and sexy and baby (huh?) Anyways, she says to me:


    Dateline15fnaked:
    hey big boy
    HBCC:
    me?
    Dateline15fnaked:
    ;) yeah you
    HBCC:
    uh huh, ohhhhhh yeah
    Dateline15fnaked:
    i'm wearing orange undies today
    HBCC:
    that sounds sweet
    like an orange

    or a cumquatt

    Dateline15fnaked:
    ewww, you’re gross, I’m gone. But I’ll leave the backdoor open and a camera crew on hand in case you want to come over. And there’s gonna be lemonade and cookies also…
    I totally thought I was gonna score, but, alas, my private school > state university education failed me. Something about the cumquatt comment totally blew it for me.

    Disappointed, I headed over to the answer for everything, Wikipedia, to find out just what the fuck went wrong. I searched for cumquatt, and there it was, my glaring error revealed: spelling. Kumquat. Shit. Fuck shit balls. (earmuffs kids).


    So I click on the link and there it is, the Kumquat, in all its glory. My interest piqued, I read on about this strange fruit of Earth passion:

    “Kumquat- Kumquats are small orange fruits harvested from the crevices of dwarves arses, predominantly in the north west united states. The name is derived from the latin coom, meaning taste, and quat, meaning like foecal matter”

    Well then, now I know what grossed out my little hottie: tastes like foecal matter? Gross. Fuck you Kumuat, fuck you in your stupid ass.

    4.) Finally, thanks to all you who keep checking in from time to time. Happy Holidays to you and yours, safe travels and visit our friends over at
    GBEHH.com to hook up a little holiday cheer, email style

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    thanks for the shout out...always appreciated...in terms of the middle school reunion, you cannot go wrong with these five jams: Digable Planets "Rebirth of Slick" Paperboy's "Ditty" Positive K's "I got a Man," Arrested Development's "Tennessee" and of course, "Scenario."

    Anonymous said...

    thanks HBCC..happy holidays... i'll be doing an HBCC style poetry throwdown tribute to my deceased pentax digicam one day soon.

    Anonymous said...

    hey! that's me! i'm a "friend"!

    High Power Rocketry said...

    Come visit !