Wednesday, April 04, 2007

shame on you when you step through to

and the alabama feline award for most best dressed human goes to kathy strickland of tuscaloosa

What a freaking CA hangover right now. S'all rainy and gloomy here in NYC right now. But I got out to check out this band, Merit, last night at Arlene's Grocery and they made it quite alright to be back here in the city. 'Cuse kids always up to no good. All kinds of Nada Surf and Sonic Youth influences, imho. If it hadn't been for the bass players brand spanking new white pumas (sorry dude, you rocked though), I could have convinced myself it was Nineteen Ninety Somethingorather.

Check them out at Pianos in May if you live in the city. If you don't, peep the Myspace and tell them how much you need them in YOUR town (San Diego State University, I see you checking in, sup).
saw this in LAX. god people freak me out

A couple of observations on TV: Deadliest catch is back at it. Read our ode to Mike Rowe, also host of Dirtiest Jobs. Anyways, before me and the Senor hit up the aforementioned show, we sat on the couch to hang with the Dan K. and watch a little of the tube. But it quickly became apparent that we had something of a dilemma on our hands. See, two dudes, hanging out, small NYC apartment, one couch, kinna awkward, kinna not. Gotta throw on some SportsCenter to get the Testosterone in the room flowing, right?

Except, to my dismay, I flip on ESPiN and find…women’s basketball?! WTF?! So, here’s the question: two dudes, hanging out, is it okay to watch women’s basketball (even though they suck) cause it’s the principle of having ESPiN on? Or are there sometimes when its just not acceptable for dudes to be watching ESPiN and instead should watch My Super Sweet 16 on MTV or The Agency on VH1? (I KNOW some of you know what I’m talking about)


Shit, so I think we watched deadliest catch, then maybe, um, I don’t even know. I was barely even alive for the show when we finished that little session.

No comments: