Wednesday, December 06, 2006

whatup ma, i got a pocket full of stinkys

Life comes at you fast sometimes, especially on the weekends. Seems like some weeks you spend Monday-Friday looking forward to how awesome the weekend is gonna be - the chance to chill withcha brahs, drink some brews, meet some new people, listen to some tunage, nosh on some Rosarios - whatever. All you think all week is: damn, this weekend is gonna be the weekend I get laid bomb!

And you get all worked up and you go running out of your office, or wherever it is that you spend all day, and you rush to get home, eat some food (hopefully) and then get down to business: drinking. Excessive amounts of drinking. Maybe a call to Eddy. Whatever. Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, early Sunday morning and then, the next thing you know, you're staring down the barrel of another work week, thinking, "damn son, what the hell happened to the weekend/checking account?"

Well when you reach that point on Self-Loathing Sunday, you've experienced what is commonly referred to as a Friturday. For instance, take this hypothetical conversation with one of your co-workers on Monday:

Stupidhead coworker 1:
"...so then, as we were coming out of Off the Wagon, my girlfriend threw up all over my new loafers. I was totally pissed, but I was so piss drunk, I didn't even care. Then we yelled at some homeless guy, got in my new Lexus and drove back out to Long Island."

Stupidhead coworker 2: "BRO, I like totally saw you at the bar! ::high five:: Did you see that chick with the super enormous titties? Awh bro, BRO, I was soooo wa-hay-stedededed. Dude, what did you do this weekend?"

Me: "Uh, well, when I don't really remember. I mean, I know I went home, made a phone call, started drinnking, and the next thing I knew it was Sunday. GOD, I have got to stop abusing so many substances on Friturdays."


Said phrase can also be used to refer to any combination of days in which a bender might take place. For those in the food service industry, there' s the ever popular Monsday. There's also the lesser known Thuesday, although at that point, you might as well make it a Tueturday...


And now you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are a few times in my life where I've woken up and realized it was Monday. Usually those are the times I have woken up in a gutter, naked, with all my money stolen and a strange rash all over me.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. great great great.

And nice work on the "And now you know..." picture.

Anonymous said...

...wait, just so i make sure i get this concept....if I start drinking tonight and black out (given) until Sunday. Can I call it a Thurnday?

dmbmeg, sorry about that rash, nothing a little penicillin won't cure.

stantonandorchard said...

meg: errrrr, i don't know what kind of parties cause that to happen, but damn the postal service for losing my invites to them...

balder: thanks. and absolutely. i like thunday cause the sound of people speaking with a lisp makes me laugh uncontrollably.